

HOMELAND DEFENSE/
NEIGHBORHOOD IMPROVEMENT
BOND OVERSIGHT BOARD
MINUTES

2/28/12 – 6:00 P.M.
CITY OF MIAMI
CITY HALL CHAMBERS
3500 PAN AMERICAN DRIVE
MIAMI, FLORIDA 33133

The meeting was called to order at 6:03 p.m., with the following members found to be:

Present: Nelson Victor Alvarado
David Berley
Mariano Cruz
David Freedman
Henry Goa
Maria Sardiña Mann
Jose Solares (Chair)

Absent: Eileen Broton (Vice Chair)
Ricardo Lambert
Pablo Perez-Cisneros
Robert Powers
Albena Sumner

ALSO PRESENT: Albert Sosa, P.E., Director, CIP Department
Robin Jones-Jackson, Assistant City Attorney
Marcia Lopez, Public Relations Specialist, CIP Department
Wendy Jaramillo, Administrative Assistant I, CIP Department

I. APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES FOR THE MEETING OF JANUARY 24, 2012

NOT TAKEN UP DUE TO LACK OF QUORUM.

II. NEW BUSINESS:

1. Manatee Bend Park Shoreline Improvements- Design Services

NAME OF PROJECT: MANATEE BEND PARK SHORELINE IMPROVEMENTS – DESIGN SERVICES
INITIATING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Parks and Recreation
INITIATING CONTACT PERSON/CONTACT NUMBER: Collin Worth (305) 416-1022
CIP/PROJECT NUMBER: B-30801
TOTAL DOLLAR AMOUNT: \$763,522; currently requesting \$50,027 in HD Funds for Design Services
A Florida Inland Navigation District (FIND) grant of \$38,500 is being sought for additional funds for design services
SOURCE OF FUNDS:Homeland Defense Bond Series 3
ACCOUNT CODE(S): _____
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: The project will consist of approximately 400LF of shoreline improvements and a kayak launch or floating dock. Phase I will cover the design and permitting for the seawall and floating dock.
LOCATION: 457-485 NE 77 Street Road

NOT TAKEN UP DUE TO LACK OF QUORUM.

2. Pallo Park Shoreline Improvements – Design Services

NAME OF PROJECT: PALLOT PARK SHORELINE IMPROVEMENTS
INITIATING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Parks and Recreation
INITIATING CONTACT PERSON/CONTACT NUMBER: Collin Worth (305) 416-1022
CIP/PROJECT NUMBER: B-30802
TOTAL DOLLAR AMOUNT: \$810,000; currently requesting \$50,000 in HD Funds for Design Services
A Florida Inland Navigation District (FIND) grant of \$30,000 is being sought for additional funds for design services.
SOURCE OF FUNDS: Homeland Defense Bond Series 3
ACCOUNT CODE(S): _____
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: The project will consist of seawall restoration and building of kayak launch or floating dock.
LOCATION: 3805 NE 6 Avenue

NOT TAKEN UP DUE TO LACK OF QUORUM.

3. Fern Isle Park/PBA Park Improvements – Design Services

NAME OF PROJECT: FERN ISLE/PBA PARK IMPROVEMENTS
INITIATING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Parks and Recreation
INITIATING CONTACT PERSON/CONTACT NUMBER: Collin Worth (305) 416-1022
CIP/PROJECT NUMBER: B-30800
TOTAL DOLLAR AMOUNT: \$1,375,000; currently requesting \$116,781 in HD Funds for Design Services
A Florida Inland Navigation District (FIND) grant of \$62,500 is being sought to cover design services.
SOURCE OF FUNDS:Homeland Defense Bond Series 3
ACCOUNT CODE(S): _____
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: The project will consist of 2500LF of shoreline improvements and a kayak launch.
LOCATION: 2201 NW 11 Street

NOT TAKEN UP DUE TO LACK OF QUORUM.

4. Marine Stadium Marina At Virginia Key – Design Services

NAME OF PROJECT: MARINE STADIUM MARINA AT VIRGINIA KEY – DESIGN SERVICES
INITIATING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Public Facilities
INITIATING CONTACT PERSON/CONTACT NUMBER: Sandra Vega (305) 416-1243
CIP/PROJECT NUMBER: B-40180
TOTAL DOLLAR AMOUNT: \$33,180,900; currently requesting \$940,007 in HD Funds for Design Services and Florida Inland Navigation District (FIND) grant of \$940,007

SOURCE OF FUNDS: Homeland Defense Bond Series 3 and FIND grant

ACCOUNT CODE(S): _____

DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: The type of marina facilities to be designed is for pleasure crafts. Fixed docks supported by concrete piles are proposed. The dock constructions will utilize concrete, fiberglass decking and aluminum. The new marina will accommodate approximately 220 vessels. The project will also include upland utility improvements and an administration building of approximately 5,000 sq. ft gross area to support marina activities and administration.

LOCATION: 3301 Rickenbacker Causeway

NOT TAKEN UP DUE TO LACK OF QUORUM.

5. Marine Stadium Bulkhead Replacement – Construction Services

NAME OF PROJECT: MARINE STADIUM BULKHEAD REPLACEMENT – CONSTRUCTION SERVICES

INITIATING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Public Facilities

INITIATING CONTACT PERSON/CONTACT NUMBER: Sandra Vega (305) 416-1243

CIP/PROJECT NUMBER: B-30689

TOTAL DOLLAR AMOUNT: \$2,094,393; of which \$187,000 was previously approved for Design Services; currently requesting \$839,408 in HD Funds for Construction Services

SOURCE OF FUNDS: Homeland Defense Bond Series 2

DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: The existing approximately 480 linear feet of bulkhead along Maine Stadium is deteriorated and requires replacement. The replacement design will need to be coordinated with marine forklift launching operations and associated staging and fuel docks for the dry stack marina. The total number of dry slips and temporary (launch/staging) slips will remain the same as previously authorized by the permitting agencies, that launch slips may be added or shifted within the envelope of the existing launch and staging slips, and that a new forklift pad is required to service three to five launch slips. It is our understanding that the existing finger piers will be maintained in the same footprint and only demolished as necessary to accommodate the new wall.

LOCATION: 3501 Rickenbacker Causeway

NOT TAKEN UP DUE TO LACK OF QUORUM.

6. African Square Splash Park – Design Services

NAME OF PROJECT: AFRICAN SQUARE SPLASH PARK – DESIGN SERVICES

INITIATING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Parks and Recreation

INITIATING CONTACT PERSON/CONTACT NUMBER: Bryan Thompson (305) 416-1049

CIP/PROJECT NUMBER: B-30882

TOTAL DOLLAR AMOUNT: \$713,655; currently requesting \$111,811 in HD Funds for Design Services

SOURCE OF FUNDS: Homeland Defense Bond Series 3

DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: The project consists of the design and construction of a new Splash Park. Work includes: 1. Partial demolition of existing retaining wall and new fill to raise site to street level, 2. Create a new interactive water playground in an approximately 40'x60' paved area, 3. Enclose splash park area with a 48" high steel fence, 4. Extend electric and water utilities to splash park area, and 5. Bring existing restrooms to current ADA regulations and provide accessible route to splash park, 6. Preserve existing large trees and introduce new landscaping.

LOCATION: 1400 NW 62 Street

NOT TAKEN UP DUE TO LACK OF QUORUM.

7. Lummus Landing Square – Design Services

NAME OF PROJECT: LUMMUS LANDING SQUARE – DESIGN SERVICES
INITIATING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Parks and Recreation
INITIATING CONTACT PERSON/CONTACT NUMBER: Sandra Vega (305) 416-1243
CIP/PROJECT NUMBER: B-30886
TOTAL DOLLAR AMOUNT: \$850,000; currently requesting \$108,754 in HD Funds for Design Services
SOURCE OF FUNDS: Homeland Defense Bond Series 3 – Neighborhood Parks Improvements
ACCOUNT CODE(S): 331419
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: Improvements at Lummus Landing Square will include the design and construction of a new 1,800 sq ft gross area restroom/storage building, three pavilions, landscape and hardscape.
LOCATION: 250 NW N River Drive & 176 NW N River Drive

NOT TAKEN UP DUE TO LACK OF QUORUM.

8. West Flagler Area Improvements – Design Services

NAME OF PROJECT: WEST FLAGLER AREA IMPROVEMENTS
INITIATING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Capital Improvements Program
INITIATING CONTACT PERSON/CONTACT NUMBER: Elia Nunez (305) 416-1213
TOTAL DOLLAR AMOUNT: \$2,697,480; currently requesting \$8,311 for Design Services
\$299,862 Transit Half-Cent Surtax
SOURCE OF FUNDS: Homeland Defense Bond Series 2 and Transit Half-Cent Surtax
ACCOUNT CODE(S): 331419
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: The project scope includes roadway, traffic and drainage improvements at SW 30th Ave just south of SW 2nd Street, West Flagler area: bounded by SW 27th Ave, SW 32nd Ave, SW 4th Street and SW 8th Street, SW 38th Ave between SW 1st Street and Flagler, SW 1st Street between SW 37th Ave, SW 38th Ave and Flagler Terrace between SW 31 Street and SW 32 Ave.
LOCATION: Within SW 8th Street, NW 7th Street, NW/SW 27th Avenue, and NW/SW 42nd Avenue

NOT TAKEN UP DUE TO LACK OF QUORUM.

9. Martin Luther King Boulevard/I-95 Area Improvements – Design Services

NAME OF PROJECT: MARTIN LUTHER KING BOULEVARD/I-95 AREA IMPROVEMENTS
INITIATING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Capital Improvements Program
INITIATING CONTACT PERSON/CONTACT NUMBER: Elia Nunez (305) 416-1213
CIP/PROJECT NUMBER: B-30773
TOTAL DOLLAR AMOUNT: \$100,000; currently requesting for \$12,847 in HD Funds for Design Services
SOURCE OF FUNDS: Homeland Defense Bond Series 3
ACCOUNT CODE(S): _____
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: For the design and construction services for a mural underneath the I-95 underpass at NW 62nd Street.
LOCATION: NW 62nd Street under I-95

NOT TAKEN UP DUE TO LACK OF QUORUM.

III. ADDITIONAL ITEMS:

- Williams Park & Robert King High Park Furniture

Albert Sosa: The only discussion item that we can take up was -- is the item regarding the furniture at Williams Park and at Robert King High Park. This item was heard at the last meeting of this board. At the time of the meeting, there was some discussion regarding the unit prices of the furniture that was being shown and that -- those unit prices were basically shown on a list that identified the item of furniture and it had a list price associated with that. After the -- that meeting - - subsequent to that meeting, we did meet with the procurement office and with the Parks Department. And what became apparent to us was that the list that was provided as part of your backup was provided to identify which items; for example, this chair or that table. However, what we failed to note at the meeting was that the Parks Department, the City of Miami, does not pay the list price that was identified on that list. Those list prices are for reference and are not the actual prices paid by the City. On average, the City pays 39 percent of the prices -- of the list price that was shown on that list. So we just wanted to clarify that. And in the future, when these types of items come up, we will, of course, endeavor to have that information available to all the board members while the item is being heard to avoid this misunderstanding.

Chairman Jose Solares: Mr. Berley, you had a question?

David Berley: No.

Chairman Solares: No?

Mr. Berley: That makes me feel a lot better.

Chairman Solares: One more thing. But again -- and I understand your point, but I would like also when the person presenting tells us what the real cost is -- because I bring up the issue about the kitchen table, the table and the four chairs. I specifically said if this -- I think it was 320 bucks. I said, "With the chairs?" She said, "No. The chairs are another \$125 per chair." So, please, if they can come, you know, prepared to ask those questions -- they can answer those questions will be a lot of help.

Mr. Sosa: Yes, Mr. Solares. We'll make sure that we'll endeavor to be able to do that correctly going forward.

Chairman Solares: Thank you.

- March BOB Meeting

Albert Sosa: Next month in March, we really at this point don't have new business. You know, we're going through what we think we're going to have. We may not have new business. My thoughts are instead of having an audit subcommittee meeting and the main meeting in March where we don't have new items, if the only thing we're going to have is this and we already had the audit subcommittee meeting, can we just schedule the regular meeting -- one meeting in March sometime, like the third week of March or something like that? That works for everybody. We'll find the date that this chamber is available and we'll work around it.

Chairman Solares: Well maybe some of the board members that did not attend at the audit committee meeting would like to attend -- would like to meet to discuss the items.

Mr. Sosa: But we wouldn't have an audit committee -- you know, if the audit subcommittee meeting for these items was already held, I don't think we're going to have new items. It's only going to be these same items. Do we just have the main meeting and -- I don't know. It's a thought. If we want to have the audit subcommittee, it'll just be to discuss these items again.

Chairman Solares: I don't want to have another audit committee meeting. What I'm saying, if the board members that did not attend the audit meeting, can they have an audit meeting over there in --?

Robin Jones Jackson: Well, what we could do is Marcia could poll everybody and say, hey, these have already been considered at a previous sub audit committee meeting. Do you want to just hear them at the regular meeting or do you want us to have, you know, a sub audit committee meeting where you would be there because you weren't there for the first one or something like that.

Chairman Solares: Yeah, but I won't be there.

Ms. Jones Jackson: Right.

Chairman Solares: I already attended one.

Ms. Jones Jackson: Right.

Chairman Solares: That's enough punishment. Once is punishment enough.

Mr. Sosa: I mean, my preference -- and this is -- we can poll -- you know, Marcia can send out an e-mail. My preference is just to hold one main meeting in this chamber and we'll try and find a new -- a sooner time, not the last week in March, but maybe the second week in March or third week in March, some time that works for everybody 'cause I don't want to let these items get stale either. We have to work -- right -- with that. I think that the -- we just have to find the date and I don't think we have a notice requirement for these meetings.

Ms. Jones Jackson: Well, we do, but it doesn't -- as long as publish the notice, there is no issue. It's just Marcia would go like next week and call everybody or e-mail everybody and see what would work and then that way we have an idea.

Marcia Lopez: If I may add. The audit subcommittee, Eileen's notes, was e-mailed to everyone and I also have extra copies and that -- I think it will be sufficient for any members that want to hear the previous items.

Henry Goa: I'm in favor of one meeting only if these are going to be the only items that we will have.

Mr. Sosa: And that's currently -- the way we envisioned March, we weren't envisioning new items at this time, so I think it'll work out. And the reason I push for not the last meeting in March -- not the last week in March is because some of these items are time-sensitive with the FIND grants, so I'd want to have it earlier in the month, if possible.

Chairman Solares: When does the Commission meet?

Mr. Sosa: The Commission will meet on these items the second week in March.

Chairman Solares: So if they meet on the second week in March on these items, right --

Mr. Sosa: Not on all of these, on some of them. It's --

Chairman Solares: But what I'm saying, if they approve it, what's the sense for us going over those items?

Ms. Jones Jackson: Then it would only be an update. You're right.

Chairman Solares: Okay, so --

Ms. Jones Jackson: All it could be is an update.

Chairman Solares: If they approve them all then there is no sense in coming here.

Mr. Sosa: If that's --

Chairman Solares: No, it's my opinion.

Mr. Sosa: I'm looking at the list now and all of these will have been voted -- will have been presented to Commission and voted on by -- I forget -- the second week in March.

Chairman Solares: Okay, then --

Mr. Sosa: So is it --? You know, what do --? You know, I don't know. I don't know what the right thing to do --

Mr. Goa: Then if that being the case, then let's not have a meeting in March since you don't have anything for us. The action will have been taken --

Mr. Sosa: We'll note it in the rec -- okay.

Mr. Goa: -- and therefore it's no -- you could tell me -- you could update me in writing that it's okay. You don't have to bring me --

Ms. Jones Jackson: But my suggestion, Albert, is that in each of these items, if they do go to Commission -- and as y'all know, sometimes things might be scheduled for an agenda but they might get moved off again -- that it be noted in the resolution or the agenda summary form that they've only been to sub audit committee; they didn't get to the full Homeland Defense Bond Oversight Board, okay?

Mr. Sosa: I'll address that procedurally internally. But --

Ms. Jones Jackson: Yeah.

Mr. Sosa: -- what we could do at that point is if we see that we don't have any new items, I guess what we can do is for discussion at the April audit subcommittee, I could say at that meeting, this is what happened. We didn't have quorum. We weren't able to vote on these. The Commission did take action and we just note it as an informational item and move on.

Chairman Solares: I have a question. No, I'm sorry. Mr. Freedman, you go.

David Freedman: Albert, didn't you -- for some of your applications to the Florida Inland Navigation District, didn't you need approval on the waterfront items? Does that hold up your schedule?

Mr. Sosa: Our process -- we have to submit our FIND grant applications by the last day of March. It's actually April 2, but in effect, you have to have them out the last day of March, which is a Friday, March 28 or something like that. So I have to have them out by that date. That being said, the same way -- you know, if and when those FIND grants get approved, right, we can come back before this committee -- it would be in October or November, but we can come back for this committee and say FIND has agreed to give us "X" amount of money. We intend to move forward with the design of this project in this fashion and at that point present it for approval. You know, that would work also actually on the FIND items.

Ms. Jones Jackson: Because these are just the submissions of the grant application and it has to go through the process. And for a lot of these, you don't know whether you're going to get the funding or not.

Mr. Sosa: Or the application changes sometimes.

Ms. Jones Jackson: Right.

Mr. Sosa: Like they -- you know, the application may change.

Ms. Jones Jackson: So you won't use the funding and it would need to come back to the Bond Oversight Board to say, hey, we got this FIND grant so now -- or sometimes with the FIND grant they'll reduce it. You might ask for "X" and they'll give you "Y," and if that's the case, then the match that would come from the Bond Oversight Board monies would also then be reduced because the amount of the grant was reduced.

David Berley: Will that kill the project?

Ms. Jones Jackson: I'm sorry, Mr. Berley. I just can't hear you. Thank you.

Mr. Berley: I'm sorry. If you get a reduction, will that kill the project?

Ms. Jones Jackson: Not necessarily. It just depends on what it's about. Think about it. If you got a -- okay, I'm just going to give you a hypothetical from my standpoint. Let's say you need to fix a seawall and you also are trying to do some other structural things upland but you only get the money to fix the seawall. It doesn't kill your seawall project. It just means you can't go buy the additional things for upland.

Mr. Sosa: We had one this year, a very real example where they approved the -- they approved a bay walk but they did not approve the landscaping that went with it, as an example. So it just depends on that. So I don't have a problem bringing the FIND ones back once we have an approval on the grant.

- Informational Items from Previous Meeting

Chairman Jose Soares: I have a question, okay. We had this audit subcommittee meeting a couple of weeks ago. Although we cannot approve or disapprove the item because we don't have a quorum --

Robin Jones Jackson: Right.

Chairman Soares: If this goes to the Commissioners, can this document be part of it?

Ms. Jones Jackson: Yes.

Chairman Soares: Because at least it will show we're trying to do our job, no?

Ms. Jones Jackson: Yes. Yes, that could be a part of the agenda package, which is what I was saying earlier.

Mr. Sosa: I'll resolve that internally, and I will communicate to everybody what the outcome of the audit subcommittee was. That's not an issue.

Chairman Soares: I would like to ask the other board member if they agree or disagree with it. Okay, did you read the -- Eileen --?

Henry Goa: I agree with it.

Chairman Soares: You approve? How about you?

David Berley: Yes.

Chairman Soares: Since we're waiting for another member to show up, can we -- another five minutes. If he has any questions -- can we go ahead and answer any question he might have or he want to bring up?

Mr. Sosa: Absolutely.

Chairman Soares: No. I -- let's wait. There's a legal issue. I don't know.

Ms. Jones Jackson: Well, we can't vote on anything, but you know we could --

Chairman Solares: No. It's not voting.

Ms. Jones Jackson: -- go back on the record if people are asking just for an update.

Mr. Sosa: I have a few informational items that you guys -- that were requested by board members at the audit subcommittee that I can share at this time.

Chairman Solares: Can -- Is that legal?

Ms. Jones Jackson: We could do that.

Chairman Solares: Okay, let's go so we can leave.

Ms. Jones Jackson: We're not having a meeting. We're just -- you know, we're just --

Chairman Solares: I want to leave.

Ms. Jones Jackson: -- saying we want to share some updates and we can't vote on anything.

Chairman Solares: Go ahead.

Mr. Sosa: So that being said, let's un-recess the meeting and I'll state my name, Albert Sosa, director of Capital Improvements. At the previous meeting, there were some informational items that were requested and I want to share those with everybody here and answer any additional questions that you all may have. I'm going to go in order, but I'm going to do them all -- I'm going to say everything for -- and then we'll see if there's any questions. Specifically, one of the questions that was asked was for the Marine Stadium Marina, what the anticipated revenue from the additional slips were. I have that information with me that I'd like to share with you all. The City would anticipate approximately \$1.6 million in annual -- profit's not the right word because we don't do that, but \$1.6 million from the additional slips that are contemplated to be created at the Marina Stadium Marina expansion.

Mr. Berley: What's the maintenance --?

Mr. Sosa: Mr. Berley, if you could speak into the microphone for the --

Mr. Berley: I'm sorry.

Mr. Sosa: Thank you.

Mr. Berley: What's the maintenance cost of the -- to put that in?

Ms. Jones Jackson: And Mr. Berley, could you just state for the record. Hi. This is Robin Jones Jackson from the City Attorney's office since we're not in the meeting. We're just doing updates 'cause we still don't have a quorum, but we're asking everybody to just state their name when they ask a question. Thank you.

Mr. Berley: I'm sorry. David Berley. I'm just wondering. A million six of revenue. What are the costs associated with that revenue?

Mr. Sosa: There -- marinas in general do require maintenance. This is an existing marina that we're contemplating and expansion of. I can tell you that marinas in general do generate revenue for the City above and beyond the cost associated with them. In this case, the anticipated annual revenue is \$1.6 million. How -- I don't have information specifically as how revenue relates to maintenance costs. Those numbers I don't have broken out from my Public Facilities Department.

Mr. Berley: I remember -- David Berley again -- about four or five meetings back we requested that with each submission there be a submission of the estimated maintenance costs to go along with it so we have a handle on the amount of expenses. Now this is a revenue generator so it's less relevant. But I remember the comment and resolution that all --

Mr. Sosa: Mr. Berley, your motion was recognized and we do endeavor to provide maintenance costs as possible. Let me amend my previous statement. I'm reviewing the documents that I got from the Public Facilities Department. They estimate \$205,000 in annual variable operating expenses. In other words, they do have a fixed operating expense, but they are already incurring that because they do have the marina facilities there. The variable portion is the only one that changes. They are stating that to be \$205,000 a year.

Chairman Solares: So -- this is Jose Solares -- the -- it's about 21 years to get our investment back. One point six -- I think your -- the total cost was \$33 million, wasn't it?

Mr. Sosa: Approximately.

Chairman Solares: So we're talking about 21 years because maintenance is already included -- no, I mean, not main -- the upkeep of the marina is already included based on what you just said, right? Okay.

Mr. Sosa: That's correct.

Chairman Solares: Any other questions? No? Please continue.

Mr. Sosa: Okay. The next item that there was a question on was regarding the -- what we are calling item number 5, which is the Marine Stadium -- and we're missing there marina, and I apologize for that. It should be Marine Stadium Marina bulkhead replacement. Item number 5 is not related to the Marine Stadium. It's related to the Marine Stadium Marina, the bulkhead there, which is the seawall. The question at the last meeting was what was the useful life approximately of that bulkhead. We have received from our marina management folks that the life expectancy will be close to 30 years. I had approximated at 25. They feel it will be closer to 30 years life for that wall. So that was another question -- that was a question on item number 6.

Chairman Solares: Hello. This is Jose Solares, again. That marina is not -- or that bulkhead is not the one existing where the -- Is that the one that is already existing?

Mr. Sosa: That's correct. It is an existing seawall. So, yes, that is an existing facility that the wall is -- has reached its useful life so we have to replace it.

Chairman Solares: Again, Jose Solares. What's the revenue on that marina now?

Mr. Sosa: It's approximately \$855,000.

Mr. Berley: Thank you. Next.

Mr. Sosa: We also had a question on item number 7, Lummus Landing Square, regarding the cost estimate for the pavilions. At the audit subcommittee meeting, I did state that we had not selected pavilions yet because we had not done community outreach. We were asked about the \$100,000 figure and how we arrived at that. One of the items that's included in your package is a catalog cut sheet -- and again, this is just being provided as a sample. This is not intended to illustrate what will be at this location. It is just a sample of the types of pavilions that we look at within the City. The sample that we provided is a Carmel, which is a -- and the Grand Carmel. It's just a sample of the type of pavilion that we would look at for this size of facility. The first sheet in that backup includes pricing information. The right-hand column of that pricing information says total ENI, which is total to provide -- to furnish and install it. They range anywhere from \$40,000 for the small ones, all the way up to \$129,000 for the larger, more robust installations. It should be noted that these prices as quoted do not include some of the items that we are looking at at this facility. For example, these prices do not include lighting, as an example. These prices do not necessarily include the foundation, like the surface treatment, brick pavers, if we chose to do that. And more importantly, these prices do not include roll-down shutters, which is what we are contemplating for these installations. So when we utilize a price of \$100,000, what we contemplate is a mid-range type of pavilion, something in the 60 to \$70,000 range, perhaps up to 80, but with the additional hurricane hardening security measures and lighting, et cetera, that we're contemplating. We use the round number of \$100,000. This is what we used to arrive at that. As stated in the audit subcommittee meeting, it is only an estimate, an order of magnitude estimate of what we think it may cost for that facility. And as the design process evolves, we would arrive at the actual structure that we would want to use, we may very well at that time find that it's cheaper for us to build something in place than it is to furnish one of these prefabricated units. And we have noticed that in some cases it's cheaper to build it yourself than it is to buy it. And again, that's -- those are items that we would flesh out during the design process. So it's important to note for all of these items that we are requesting for design dollars. We request for a smaller amount -- in this case, I believe the request is for \$100,000 approximately, which is basically to undertake the design development and at that point arrive at what the hard cost estimate would be and we come back to this board to ask -- to discuss the construction of that item. There were several questions -- and I'll answer them at once. There was a question regarding item number 6, African Square Splash Park, item number 7, Lummus Landing, and -- no, it's just related to those two, I apologize. Those two items when heard, the question that was asked at the audit subcommittee was the funding for these projects, where did it come from. I stated at the audit subcommittee that it was either project savings or projects that were not undertaken. It's not new money. In other words, it was money that was previously allocated that we're reallocating it for this purpose. I was asked specifically which projects and I was not ready to answer that at that time. I am ready to answer that today. And for those specific projects, Lummus Landing Square and African Square Park, the dollars are coming from a project in Homeland Defense bond series III, which was identified as the Design District/FEC Roadway Enhancements. At the time of the bond issuance, it was contemplated that the City of Miami was going to undertake a streetcar project, a fixed-rail streetcar project, and that was going to have rail lines in the roadways in this area. So the idea was to enhance the -- you know, otherwise do roadway enhancements to improve traffic circulation and accommodate the rail. That was that project. The City subsequently did not move forward with a fixed rail type of project so the money was allocated to that project but otherwise unused, so we decided to utilize that money for these

projects. That's the answer to that question. Those are all the questions that I had on my list from that meeting.

Mr. Berley: David Berley, again. Curiosity, how much money is there left from unused or un -- that was unused? I assume that everything that was initially budgeted was used up. And there's stuff that's been gone out but has not been -- you have money that has been either savings money or coming in -- or cancelled project money that has not been used. Can you give us some idea how much that is?

Mr. Sosa: Generally speaking, from -- and this is generally speaking. Money that we have available for -- to go toward -- from either project savings or projects like this that we found that were not moving forward, that amount as of January of this year was in the 2 to \$3 million range. And we are currently, as we did with this process, identifying projects to move those funds to. So it may have been \$3 million in January and now it's some lesser amount, so it's 2 to \$3 million approximately.

Chairman Solares: Any other questions or any other update? Mr. Goa, please.

Mr. Goa: The only thing here I wanted to ask, you said the rail would no longer be part of the project. Is that my understanding?

Chairman Solares: Mr. Goa, you did not state your name.

Mr. Goa: Henry Goa.

Mr. Sosa: Mr. Goa, can you please repeat the question? I was distracted.

Mr. Goa: When you say you got the -- when you received the money you took it from the project in which you were going to have a rail-type transportation. You're saying that we're not going to have rail-type transportation anymore?

Mr. Sosa: The City at the time had contemplated a project that the City would be installing additional fixed rail within the City right-of-way to run streetcars. That project has since been abandoned.

Mr. Goa: Okay. That leads to this question. How much money did you have for that project at the time and how much do you have now?

Mr. Sosa: At the time of the bond issuance of this defense HD3 series, there was approximately -- it was approximately \$1.5 million allocated to that from the HD3 series. So some of it has been reallocated, as you see here.

Mr. Goa: Right.

Mr. Sosa: I do not have a specific answer --

Mr. Goa: So in other words, we still have monies in that project that you could use? That's what I'm asking.

Mr. Sosa: I'd have to check. I don't -- I'd have to check for you, Mr. Goa.

Mr. Goa: Okay.

Mr. Sosa: But in principle, there should be. I just don't know if it's one dollar or a million dollars.

Mr. Goa: Don't commit yourself. Somebody might try to steal that money from there.

David Freedman: David Freedman. On that same topic, what district was that in?

Mr. Sosa: That is in District 5.

Mr. Freedman: Thank you.

Chairman Solares: Mr. Berley.

Mr. Berley: Question. In reference --

Chairman Solares: And your name.

Mr. Berley: -- to the --

Chairman Solares: State your name.

Mr. Berley: David Berley. -- West Flagler improvements, I see a dollar amount of \$2.7 million of which about 300,000 is going to come from another source. Doesn't that completely use up any surpluses?

Mr. Sosa: Mr. Berley, I believe your question is related to the West Flagler project --

Mr. Berley: Yes.

Mr. Sosa: -- which is project number 8 on our list. And that project contain -- is approximately \$2.7 million in its totality. Because we did find a project that had -- and that area had a small savings from a previous project construction. We decided to transfer that amount of \$8,311 into this project. So within the purview of this board, this project -- there is only \$8,311 within the purview of this board assigned to this project.

Mr. Berley: But you're projecting a cost of \$2.7 million.

Mr. Sosa: That's right.

Mr. Berley: Where's the balance going to come from?

Mr. Sosa: Those funds are outside the purview of this board, but there are multiple funding sources that we have identified. They include transit surtax. They include street bonds. They include CDBG dollars. There's multiple sources of funds that the City is contemplating the use of for this project. There is only \$8,311 of Homeland Defense Bond funds being contemplated for this project.

Mr. Berley: What I'm asking is how much Homeland Defense Bond money is going to be used if this project goes?

Mr. Sosa: The number is \$8,311.

Mr. Berley: Everything else is going to be funded from other sources. Is that correct?

Mr. Sosa: As currently contemplated, yes. If that were to change in the future, I would be back before this board to present --

Mr. Berley: Okay. Thank you.

Mr. Sosa: -- the difference.

Chairman Solares: Any other questions? No? Then before we adjourn -- 30 seconds, I promise you. You know, Mr. -- Albert went ahead and told us about Teri, so the board wants to congratulate Teri on her second baby, so congratulations to her. And also at the same time, I don't know if the board knows, Bob Powers' dad passed away so our condolences to Mr. Powers. Okay. That's all I wanted to add. Do we have a motion --

Mr. Berley: So moved.

Chairman Solares: -- to adjourn?

Maria Sardiña Mann: Second.

Chairman Solares: Okay, no, but who are you?

Mr. Berley: David Berley. So moved.

Ms. Sardiña Mann: Beba Sardiña Mann. Second.

Chairman Solares: Okay. Good night, everybody.

Ms. Jones Jackson: Thank you.

IV. CHAIRMAN OPEN AGENDA: