City of Miami
Development Roadways and Plans
- Conduct engineering plan reviews for land development/building permit related applications.
- Subdivision related properties: performs reviews of tentative plat submittals, prepares estimates of
subdivision improvement bond, performs reviews of subdivision right of way improvement engineering
plans, prepares subdivision improvement bond agreements, prepares hold harmless agreements,
conducts assessment of subdivision improvement completion, performs reviews of subdivision
improvement as-built surveys, administer subdivision improvement bonds.
- Conducts reviews and recommendations for plans submitted by Capital Improvement and
Transportation Program, Miami-Dade County, and Florida Department of Transportation.
- Conducts Line and Grade inspections including set back inspection on behalf of Zoning Department.
Inspects right of way conditions in conjunction to the approved plans and Engineering Standards and
- Prepares, processes and administers covenants and various city agreements and waivers which
- Non-standard right of way improvements
- Temporary encroachments
- Sidewalk postponement
- Dedication waiver
- Perpetual easements
- Subdivision improvement bond agreement.
- Hold harmless agreement.
- Establishes process criteria for plan reviews, inspections, covenant application and various legal
- Handles a variety of public contact information involving complaints and problem resolution, technical or
- Recommends resolutions to the Public Works Director on all issues related to plan reviews, inspections,
- Develops engineering standard details (new standards and modification/improvements to existing
standards) to be incorporated into City of Miami Public Works Engineering Standard Details.
- Conducts and Chairs Plat and Street Committee monthly meetings for reviews of tentative plats of
subdivisions and recommendations to the Zoning board for right of way vacation.
- Process and administers telecommunications agreements/registrations.
- Conduct review of Planning and Zoning hearing board plans.