There is NO FILM PERMIT FEE when filming within The City of Miami unless filming with a drone ($100 application fee). However, there may be fees that may be incurred when your activities require specific City services, such as Fire and Police. In order to obtain a permit to film in the City of Miami, you will need:
Film Permit Application
City Services Permit Applications*
General Liability Insurance Certificate
Scouting for a shoot and not sure if your location is within our jurisdiction? Take a look at our City of Miami Zoning Map and check for yourself!
The New Norm for Permits HERE (please see COVID-19 guidelines before applying for a permit)
Apply for your City of Miami Film Permit HERE.
Apply for your City of Miami UAS Permit HERE.
Pay UAS Drone application fee HERE.
Information & Applications for City Services
- •Applications must be submitted 14 days prior to requested usage time of UAS to ensure proper review of the application by City officials
- •A film permit must first be submitted prior to the UAS Drone Application
- •Please download the FAA B4UFLY App. The app is available for free download in the App Store for iOS and Google Play store for Android. B4UFLY is an easy-to-use smartphone app that helps unmanned aircraft operators determine whether there are any restrictions or requirements in effect at the location where they want to fly.
Flying UAS in and around stadiums is prohibited starting one hour before and ending one hour after the scheduled time of any of the following events:
• Major League Baseball
• Major League Football
• NCAA Division I Football
• Nascar Sprint Cup, Indy Car, and Champ Series races
Specifically, UAS operations are prohibited within a radius of three nautical miles of the stadium or venue.
- Contact: Nathalie H. Goulet, Esq. (305)206-8761 or Fax (305)531-3748 email@example.com
Contact Stephen Bogner (305) 579-6950
All film/photo shoot locations shall be approved in advance by the Marinas Supervisor – No changes or modifications to locations or schedule shall be made without prior City authorization.
- FILMING: Rate – Up to 4 hours: $500; each additional hour $100
- PHOTOGRAPHY: Rate – Up to 4 hours: $250; each additional hour $100
Manuel Airtime Fees
Contact (305) 960-4686
- Four (4) hours or less - $735
- Eight (8) hours or less - $892.50
- More than eight (8) - $1,050